Amazon Echo is a hands-free speaker you control with your voice. Echo connects to the Alexa Voice Service to play music, provide suggestions, news, sports scores, weather, and more—instantly. All you have to do is ask.
Echo has seven microphones and beam forming technology so it can hear you from throughout the room—even while music is playing. Echo is additionally an expertly tuned speaker that can fill any room with 360° immersive sound. When you wish to use Echo, just say the wake word “Alexa” and Echo responds instantly. If you have more than one Echo or Echo Dot, Alexa responds intelligently from the Echo device you’re closest to with ESP (Echo Spatial Perception).
Amazon Echo provides hands-free voice control for Amazon Music—just ask for your favorite artist or song, or request a selected genre or mood. You can additionally search for music by lyrics, when a song or album was released, or let Alexa percent the music for you. Listen to any song with Amazon Music Unlimited.
Amazon Echo additionally provides hands-free voice control to Pandora, Spotify, iHeartRadio, and TuneIn. Plus, Echo is Bluetooth-enabled so you can stream other popular music services like iTunes from your phone or tablet. Echo has been fine-tuned to deliver crisp vocals with dynamic bass response. Its dual downward-firing speakers produce 360° omni-directional audio to fill any room with immersive sound.
Tucked under the light ring is an array of seven microphones that use beam-forming technology and enhanced noise cancellation. With far-field voice recognition, Echo can hear you ask a question from any direction—even while playing music.
When you wish to use Echo, simply say the wake word, “Alexa,” and Echo lights up and streams audio to the cloud, where the Alexa Voice Service is leveraged to respect and respond to your request instantly.
Always Getting Smarter
Alexa—the brain at the back of Echo—is built in the cloud, so it is at all times getting smarter. The more you use Echo, the more it adapts to your speech patterns, vocabulary, and personal preferences. And because Echo is at all times connected, updates are delivered instantly.
Just in the last few months we’ve added local search from Yelp, movie showtimes, Samsung SmartThings guide, Google Calendar, Audible audiobooks, text-to-speech for Kindle eBooks, and over a hundred new talents from 1/3-party developers.
Echo has Talents
Skills add even more capabilities like ordering a pizza from Domino’s, requesting a ride from Uber, opening your garage with Garageio, and more. Enabling talents lets your Echo do even more—simply discover and allow the talents you wish to use in the Alexa App.
New talents are being added all of the time. You can additionally see ratings and reviews to learn what other customers are announcing about talents in the Alexa App.
Control Your Smart Home
Use Echo to switch on the lamp before getting out of bed, turn on the fan or space heater while reading in your favorite chair, or dim the lights from the couch to watch a movie—all without lifting a finger.
Echo works with smart home devices such as lights, switches, thermostats, and more from WeMo, Philips Hue, SmartThings, Insteon, Nest, ecobee, Wink, and more.
Do More with the Alexa App
With the free Alexa App on Fire OS, Android, iOS, and desktop browsers, you can easily setup and manage your Echo.
Use the Alexa App to connect services you already use like Spotify, Pandora, and Google Calendar. Setup your smart home devices from WeMo, Philips Hue, SmartThings, Insteon, ecobee, and more. See what books can be found to read from your Kindle and Audible libraries. View shopping and to-do lists while on the go. Control your timers and set custom tones for your alarms, and a lot more. The Alexa App is additionally where you discover and enable 1/3-party talents.
- Plays your whole music from Amazon Music, Spotify, Pandora, iHeartRadio, TuneIn, and more using just your voice
- Introducing Alexa calling and messaging, a new way to be in conjunction with family and friends. Just ask Alexa to call or message anybody with an Echo, Echo Dot, or the Alexa App.
- Fills the room with immersive, 360º omni-directional audio
- Hears you from throughout the room with far-field voice recognition, even while music is playing
- Answers questions, reads the news, reports traffic and weather, reads audiobooks from Audible, gives info on local companies, provides sports scores and schedules, controls Amazon Video on Fire TV, and more using the Alexa Voice Service
- Controls lights, fans, TVs, switches, thermostats, garage doors, sprinklers, locks, and more with compatible connected devices from WeMo, Philips Hue, Sony, Samsung SmartThings, Nest, and others
- Always getting smarter and including new points, plus thousands of talents like Uber, Domino’s, DISH, and more