Setting up and review of Netgear’s Orbi Tri-Band Mesh WiFi System
How to Install your Orbi WiFi System | NETGEAR
Netgear Orbi: The Best Home Wi-Fi System || Latest Review 2017
The Netgear Orbi might just be the best Wi-Fi system to date
NETGEAR Orbi Home WiFi System AC3000 Tri Band Home Network with Router
Netgear Orbi – Whole Home WiFi? : REVIEW
Netgear Orbi Whole Home Wifi in 4K Unboxing. The Best Router and Fastest to Date!!!
Orbi Whole Home WiFi System 5000 sq feet coverage AC3000 TriBand with Router and Satellite by
Top 5 Best Home Wifi Systems 2017 – Wifi Router Reviews
Introducing the Orbi Tri Band WiFi System from NETGEAR
Amazon Price: $369.99 $350.00 You save: $19.99 (5%). (as of December 13, 2017 7:45 pm –
NETGEAR Orbi WiFi System router with Tri-band: Whole Home Mesh WiFi System with Tri-band – Eliminate WiFi dead zones, Simple setup, Single network name, Works with Amazon Alexa, Up to 5,000 sqft, AC3000 (Set of 2)
NETGEAR Orbi WiFi System router with Tri-band is a FAST WHOLE HOME SYSTEM. It Brings fast, secure, and reliable internet to your entire family with the NETGEAR Orbi Home WiFi System.
- No more WiFi boosters or extenders necessary. The NETGEAR Orbi WiFi System router and Satellite extend high performance WiFi to your property from the basement to the backyard.
- The system smartly manages your WiFi so that each device’s access is optimized and never interrupted. Up to 5,000 SQUARE FEET OF COVERAGE
- From the home office to the basement to the pool, this wireless internet system covers every inch of your home with a strong WiFi signal. Unlike router and repeater combinations, the NETGEAR Orbi WiFi System router covers the whole home with a single WiFi network and name, enabling seamless indoor/outdoor and room-to-room connectivity.
- TRI-BAND TECHNOLOGY Award winning and patented Tri-Band Technology provides Orbi with a dedicated backhaul connection between the router and the satellite, so the system can manage multiple network connections without compromising speed. Watch movies and TV, play video games, download music, books, and more.
- QUICK & EASY SETUP Selected as Editors’ Choice by PC Magazine, Orbi works with your current internet service provider and sets up in minutes right out of the box.
- Use the Orbi app or any web browser to create your entire home’s secure WiFi network in minutes.
- No personal info, account creation, or hands required with the new Amazon Echo Alexa skill and our intuitive and preconfigured system.
- GUEST CAPABILITY Allow guests the opportunity to access WiFi while protecting your network and password.
- Easily create a network to service visitors, and the NETGEAR Orbi WiFi System router handles everything else.
- You’ll rest easy knowing that your information is safe from security breaches, viruses, malware, and network worms. – NETGEAR Orbi AC3000 Home WiFi System – WiFi Router and Satellite Extender – High-Performance Tri-Band Technology – 5,000 Square Foot Range – RBK50
THE wifi dead spot solution for large homes…
258 people found this helpful.
Just moved to a 3,500 SF 2-story home. Initially bought a Netgear AC1750. Great router, but just wasn’t reaching the far ends of the house or back patio. Decided to try the Orbi after a ton of research on mesh network products. Installation was a bit cumbersome, as I had to logon with a laptop to configure the router to AP mode (behind a Spectrum Modem) and adjust a few other settings. I also had to manually download and install the firmware update. Not hard, just took some time.
Get more of the broadband you’re paying for
245 people found this helpful.
When my “Belkin AC 1800 DB Wi-Fi Dual-Band AC+ Gigabit Router (F9K1118)” purchased here on Amazon in 2013 eventually was determined to be the bottleneck that was letting me consistently use only about 40 Mbps (27%) of the Cox broadband (150 Mbps download & 10 Mbps upload) that I was purchasing each month, this was the new WiFi solution that I opted to try. I was definitely not disappointed in doing so!
Speed Test Speaks for Itself!!
116 people found this helpful.
Having a strong wifi signal is something that always seemed out of reach. It always seemed like something everyone else had, but I always seemed to have trouble with. I have to tell you, things have changed since I purchased and installed Orbi!! Let me give you my set up – I live in a 2 story 3000 sq ft house with my wife and 3 kids. We have A LOT of devices connecting to our home wifi network. Life before Orbi was full of buffering and complaints of slow loading, and I finally decided to do something about it. After trying several other remedies such as adding a wifi extender and changing the wifi channel on my router, I decided to take the plunge and purchase the Orbi, and boy am I glad I did! It took me less than 10 minutes to unbox, set up the router and satellite unit and go through the steps on the app to complete the installation. In other words it was a breeze! The light on the top of the satellite unit will change color to alert you of the strength of connection in any given area in your home. Very simple and intuitive! I ran a speed test with wifi on my old router and wifi with Orbi and the difference was incredible! I am adding pictures so you can see for yourself. This is so worth the extra money for anyone who has ever had issues or frustrations with slow internet, as I have in the past. If you can afford it, do yourself a favor and make this your next purchase, you will not regret it! *********update 6 months later – I have added several devices to my wifi network and everything is running seamlessly with no buffering or loading problems! This continues to be the best wifi solution I have ever had and I would very highly recommend! It goes on sale every couple of weeks so keep your eye out!!
Top recommendation for strong Wi-Fi throughout your home
4 people found this helpful.
I’ve installed the Orbi in-home for others, and the results were incredible, so I took advantage of a Black Friday deal to buy a system for my home, resolving long-standing issues with flaky Wi-Fi on the 3rd floor and in the 2nd floor bathroom (our AirPort Extreme was on the first floor). We pay for 330 Mbps down and I’m getting 320 across the room from the base station (which is excellent) and I just tested on the 3rd floor and got 330! The satellite on the 2nd floor is doing an amazing job of rebroadcasting the signal it gets from the base station on that dedicated backhaul. It blows away powerline extenders, MoCA and other work-arounds.
Orbi is 10 times better than Google wifi!
i had a Netgear Nighthawk X6. had 2 of them to cover my home of 9000 square feet. it was ok. there were trouble spots in the basement of course. it would clock about 160 mbps with my NOTE 8 standing about 10 feet from the router. Google did a great job marketing their Google Wifi. i bought 11 wifis. i set up with 4 first and the speed was so so. it clocked 120 mbps with my NOTE 8 standing about 10 feet from the router……i spent all that money so i continued activating the rest of the routers. that’s when the problems started happening. wifi was so incredibly unstable and would drop once every 20 minutes. spent hours troubleshooting and calling tech support. they tell me no more than 6 routers should be used. i had to connect direct to the modem. i did it all and with 6 routers i still had unstable internet AND deadspots everywhere. i was getting as little as 23 mbps. Fed up i bought the Orbi system. connected it with 3 satellites. Now, with the Note 8 i clock up to 400 mbps!!! even in the basement standing about 30 feet from the Orbi satellite i am clocking 130 mbps! Go Netgear! Boo Google. Google, get out of the hardware business! With all of your resources you could have came up with something better than this mediocre product.